The Congress will be organized in a form of plenary lectures, oral presentations, satellite symposia, workshops, round tables and posters. Oral presentations may be in Croatian or English and PowerPoint presentations in English only.
- Project presentation: 2nd International Conference of Center for Food Safety and Quality
- Nanotechnology and Food
- Mycotoxins and plant toxins
- Pesticides and veterinary drugs
- Food microbiology
- Food and climate change
- Health tourism and food
- Food Quality
- Accreditation and certification
- Food fraud
- Allergies and Food
- Contaminants in food
- Nutrition supplements and fortified foods
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Food safety-zoonoses
- Climate Change (Croatian Meteorological and Hydrological Service)
The topic is addressed to all those whose interest and field of research is food and its impact on health in any field, including clinical nutrition, nutrition in tourism, and pharmaceuticals that contribute to a better state of the body. We particularly emphasize the importance of diet and obesity as a major public health problem and the promotion and popularization of healthy eating.
This chapter covers all topics that ensure safe and healthy food in the domestic market. It is also addressed to all those involved in the design and implementation of ensuring the highest animal welfare standards, and to those who carry out preventative and curative activities to cope with the best and most successful challenges facing the various animal health threats that lie ahead.
The topic covers the occurrence of mycotoxins and plant toxins in food and proposes measures to prevent their occurrence and reduce them in food, taking into account the challenges of climate change. It also covers topics in the field of analytical laboratories and the challenges faced by official and reference laboratories in the isolation, identification and quantification of toxins.
The topic is intended for anyone who encounters the application and / or control of pesticides in their work, including organic farming, conducting pesticide monitoring and training in pesticide use. Equally, the topic covers laboratories participating in the control of pesticides of all types of food products, especially official and reference laboratories, both in the Republic of Croatia and in the European Union, and beyond.
The topic deals with microbiological and chemical food contaminants, which can contaminate food in a field-to-table chain, including nanotechnology and the challenges it brings, and contaminants that arise during the food production process, such as acrylamide, PAHs, 3-MCPD … . The topic also covers official controls of contaminants in the Republic of Croatia and the EU, and beyond, and the quality of controls from sampling to the issuing of results.
The topic covers all types of food allergens, ways to isolate and identify them, the problems they can cause, and ways to prevent, mitigate and treat allergic reactions. Labeling and declaration of food allergens, allergen-free food choices.
We would like to bring this topic to the attention of manufacturers and users of food contact packaging, as well as laboratories involved in assessing their health, especially when it comes to global and specific migration, migration of harmful substances from packaging to food at the end of its shelf life, as well as all other contaminants. The topic also covers new trends in packaging production to reduce pollution and environmental protection, and the field of nanotechnology.
SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
OF CENTER FOR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY
The conference aims to highlight topics in the field of activities of the Center for Food Safety and Quality, to present the activities of the Center so far, as well as the experiences of domestic and foreign experts in the field of food corruption, protection of the origin and geographical origin of food and new analytical developments in the described area.
“The impact of climate change on food production and its accessibility to the general population”
At the Round table discussion will be held between invited experts from the country and abroad who are studying climate change, regarding their impact on food production and quality, as well as the possibilities of securing sufficient food globally.
Lecturer: Višnja Gašljević
With the release of the new standard HRN EN ISO / IEC 17025, dealing with risks and opportunities has become a mandatory requirement for laboratories. So far, they have been considered almost exclusively in the field of occupational safety, the achievement of business goals, or when planning measures related to information security. The new standard requires consideration of risks and opportunities at the level of work processes in order to prevent adverse situations, increase the effectiveness of the management system and improve it. This workshop is designed to explain what risk-based thinking is, how to apply it in your activities and when making decisions, and what will be objective evidence of its application.
Lecturers: Dario Lasić, Gita Jurković, Marija Batinić Šeremek
The workshop is intended for all manufacturers and distributors of food, laboratory experts, as well as for all those who want to properly highlight the composition and properties of their products, all in order to be recognized by consumers in accordance with legal requirements.
Moderators: Eva Pavić, Tanja Ćorić, Manuela Maltarić
The workshop is intended for everyone who participates in any way in the organization of elderly nutrition. The many specific nutritional status and needs of the elderly require the universal access of the employees of the institutions that care for them. Social service providers are obliged to provide adequate nutrition to users, in accordance with prescribed nutrition standards, depending on the type of service provided to the user. The quantity and quality of the meal and the way it is served must be appropriately adapted to the needs and health of the user, in accordance with the diet plan. The Referral Center of the Ministry of Health for the Health Care of the Elderly has organized and coordinated the production of material “Nutrition-Gerontological Standards / Menus in Elderly Homes and Gerontological Centers”. In addition to presenting the norms / menus, participants in the workshop will go through examples of designing different types of menus for healthy elderly as well as people with the most significant morbidities.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPEAKERS
- invited speakers: 30 minutes
- oral presentations: 15 minutes
- discussion: 15 minutes after each session
- speakers are kindly asked to adhere to the proposed time limits for presentations – after the designated time runsout, the presentation will be terminated
- speakers are kindly asked to prepare their presentations at least one hour before their lecture in the preparation room and give them to the Congressional Service technician
- languages for oral presentations: Croatian or English
- language for presentation slides: English only
- avoid writing in capital letters
- avoid writing in red
- avoid full sentences, hints are enough (4-5 per slide)
- 1-2 slides per minute
Instructions for presentations
- presentations should be in Croatian or English
- computers onsite will be PC’s. Presentations should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), windows-based environment. Macintosh users who want to submit presentations must export their presentation as a MS PowerPoint file
- PowerPoint format: A4 format or 4:3
- file format: Onsite organizers operating systems will include Microsoft Office 2013 and Windows 7. The following file formats are supported: .ppt or .pptx
- videos: Make sure that you compress the video. There are numerous different file formats and codecs, we recommend using .mp4 videos – H.264 video and AAC audio (MPEG-4 AVC). Other supported file formats are .mpg, .wmv and .avi
- projector format: The standard format of the projectors in the congress rooms will be 4:3
- speakers are kindly asked to prepare their presentations at least one hour before their lecture in the preparation area and give them to the Congress agency technician
- technical personnel will test-check the oral presentation(s) for compatibility and speakers will be given a final opportunity for any last minute modifications
- speakers are kindly asked to give the technical personnel any special instructions they may have when in the preparation room, not during the lecture
- please use the following PowerPoint template to create a presentation (here soon)
- posters must be in English
- poster dimensions: 90 cm (width) x 120 cm (height)
- elements: title, list of authors, poster text (introduction, elaboration, conclusion), literature
- avoid shading, underlining, and mixing different types of letters
- avoid capital letters
Posters will be displayed on billboards in the exhibition area throughout the duration of the Congress. The authors must be present next to their posters during the poster viewing in time according to the program. Posters should be brought in person. Supplies for poster mounting will be provided by the Congress agency.
Best poster award
The jury will award the author of the best poster. The award is a weekend package for two persons at the Amadria Park Opatija, Croatia during a before agreed period.
Oral or poster presentation is not possible if the registration fee is not paid (excluding invited speakers).